First of all, we would like to suggest you not to get frustrated by the issue you are facing. Today we will fix the issue why is my Belkin router not connecting to the Internet. This issue is not an issue with complications, so we need to be cool while resolving the issue. We have mentioned some of the possible symptoms due to which you may be getting troubled with your wireless router.
In this section, we will put down some of the possible symptoms due to which you may be searching why is my Belkin router not connecting to the Internet.
- Router not configured with the modem.
- Modem not working.
- Router not configured properly.
The above mentioned were some of the possible symptoms which may encounter the Internet connection on your router.
Now we will discuss different methods to resolve the issue with the Belkin router.
1. Restart the router and the modem
- Unplug the Ethernet cable from the router and the modem.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds before you restart the router and the modem.
- Now plug the Ethernet cable back to the router, computer, and the modem.
- Go to the computer and check whether you are connected to the Internet.
2. Update wireless driver
- Go to the properties of your computer and then click on the Device Manager.
- Go to the wifi driver and update it. If the driver update is not working, uninstall the driver and then reinstall it.
- Try to update the Belkin router firmware. Updating the firmware version of your router by downloading the latest version of your router firmware.
If this still doesn’t work to resolve the issue, go to the next step.
3. Reset the device
If you have come across above-mentioned instructions and still not able to remove it, follow the instructions to reset the device.
- Turn your router and look for the router reset button on the back. Not able to see? It’s little inside the frame of your router.
- Press the reset button with the help of a pin and hold it for a few seconds. Let all the LED lights on the router blink. This will indicate that the router is back to the factory default settings.
- Now release the button and wait for a while.
After the router is back to the factory default settings, reconfigure the router properly. This will surely resolve the issue because of which you are searching “why is my Belkin router not connecting to the Internet”. We hope that you are able to connect to the Internet after reading this article. Still not able to resolve the issue? Don’t worry, call us on our Toll-Free number and we will be more than happy to help you. We thank you for reading this article.